By making a DYI face wash without castile soap you can use other natural ingredients, such as almond milk.
Homemade face wash can turn what could be seen as a chore into a uniquely luxurious experience that you can call your own.
Cleansing twice-a-day will scuff off harmful material your skin may have been exposed to like, dirt, pollution, bacteria, and even viruses. Cleansing morning and evening will also allow you to reapply moisturizers and restore balance to your skin.
ALMOND MILK FACIAL CLEANSER
The Almond Milk Facial Cleanser is a natural cleanser meant to preserve hydration and assist in regenerating clean tissue. Almond milk is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants that will boost much needed moisture and maintain balance to skin. Great for – dry, aging, combination, and sensitive skin.
What you’ll need
- Glass measuring cup
- Stainless steel whisk (small)
- 1 tinted glass or non – BPA plastic bottle (1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable glycerin
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthium gum
- 2 drops Vitamin E oil
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- 3 drops Frankincense essential oil
- Pour vegetable glycerin into glass measuring cup
- Slowly add xanthan gum and whisk until the xanthan gum completely dissolves
- While still whisking add the tapioca starch and continue mixing for about a minute or until the ingredients are well combined
- While continuing to slowly whisk, add the liquid castile soap until fully combined. About 1 minute. Do not allow the mixture to foam.
- Slowly add the almond milk and whisk for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the Vitamin E and essential oils and mix until fully combined. The cleanser should feel slightly thick with a bit of resistance when mixing.
- Pour the mixture into your chosen container. Ensure the cap is tightly on, with no room for oxygen to get in. Refrigerate for up to a week. Enjoy!
G&G Beauty Tip!
You can turn this recipe into a DIY foaming face wash by using a foaming pump.
DIY FACE WASH WITHOUT CASTILE SOAP
During the Middle Ages castile soap was originally used by soap makers in the Castile region of Spain to replace animal fat (tallow). The region became known for their luxurious high-quality soaps leading to other European countries to adapt their own recipes.
Today, this liquid material is often mixed with other carrier oils like coconut oil. While it is a natural ingredient it can leave some with oily, even greasy skin which is why the DYI face wash without castile soap is commonly searched for.
Just remember, your skin is unique to you; it can take time to discover the products your skin will absorb and what it rejects.